1. 工作观念work ethic
2. 双赢局面win-win situation
3. 个体取向individual oriented
4. 决策过程decision-making process
5. 金融环境financial environments
7. 讨价还价阶段the bargaining phase
8. 自上而下的管理方式the top-down management
9. 乘客行李申报单Baggage Declaration for Passengers
10. 内坏线inner ring road
11. 交通枢纽junction of communication
12. 交通大动脉main artery
13. 度假饭店resort hotel
14. 通票through ticket
15. 四季分明with clear-cut seasonal changes
16. 席间礼仪table manners
17. 失礼make blunders
18. 宴会厅banquet hall
19. 洗衣服务laundry service
20. 多功能厅multifunction hall
21. 总台reception desk
22. 房费room charge
23. 标准间standard room
24. 商业交流commercial exchange
25. 平衡国际付款balancing international payments
26. 调节进口regulate imports
27. 统一关税政策unify the policies on tariffs
28. 公开招标open bidding
30. 公平竞争competition on an equal footing
31. 立法 legislation
32. 平均价格average price
33. 收盘价格closing price
34. 交货价格delivered price
35. 总价格gross price
36. 开盘价opening price
37. 现行价格 prevail price
38. 现货价格spot price
39. 单价unit price
41. 商业活动commercial operation
42. 政府机构government agency
43. 控股公司holding company
44. 有限责任limited liability
45. 少数权益公司minority interest
46. 国有公司nationalized company
47. 境外公司offshore company
48. 非公开上市公司private company
49. 往来银行a correspondent bank
50. 预先付款advance payment
51. 银行信用banker’s credit
53. 商业信誉commercial integrity
55. 循环信用证revolving L/C
56. 议付行the negotiating
57. 毛重gross weight
58. 发票重量invoice weight
59. 卸货重量landed weight
60. 到岸重量loading weigh
II. Fill in the blanks with suitable words or expressions.
1. Since 1978, China its “Open Door policy”. The key element of this policy is to open China to inflows of foreign technology and foreign investment.
has been carrying out
2. Therefore, we first four “Special Economic Zones” in the southern part of China at the end of 1970’s, where special incentives continue to be used to foreign capital and technology
3. Traditionally, China used foreign trade to capital goods for its industrialization, to overcome some serious short-comings.
4. In the last few years, we have shown even greater interest in __________ substantial quantities of foreign equipment, technology and management skills.
5. In the past, foreign trade only by the state. Now quite many industrial ministries and provincial and local enterprises are playing a more active role in China’s foreign trade.
6. Many of these organizations have established import and export corporations of their own, with the authority to technical and commercial negotiations with foreign firms.
7. China a solid foundation in its foreign trade. It has already become one or the biggest exporters in the world.
8. As soon as our new products are introduced into your market, I think it’s quite easy to .
start the ball rolling
9.To be frank with you, if it were not for the longstanding relationship between us, we could hardly be willing to for this price.
make you a firm offer
10. If you can’t make any concession, I have no other choice but call the_______ off.
11. Price can’t be taken separately from quality. A of the quality of our products with that of rival goods will show you that ours is far more superior.
12. Most of your goods are still new to our market. A lot of money has to be spent on advertising in order to .
push the sales
13. Advertising is necessary as a means of telling the customers about the goods and services that are .
14. In fact, when I with Mr. Stevens last time, I told him repeatedly that it was for the trial order only, just to help you to get a start.
15. You certainly the painstaking efforts we have made in pushing the sale of your goods in our market.
16. I agree that yours are of better quality. But your price is still on the high side even if we take quality into consideration. How about meeting each other half-way with the .
17. The gap is too wide to be filled. The largest cut we can offer is 3%. This is our
price and it is in fact more advantageous than other.
18. When the importer opens an L/C with a bank, he has to pay a .
19. It is to advantage to have the payment made by D/A or D/P.
20. All his capital is so he cannot offer to invest in a paying business.
21. is a letter issued at the buyer’s request by a bank to guarantee the payment to sellers.
22. Payment against by L/C payable shipping documents is our usual practice.
23. We don’t like to_______ anything on others, on the other hand, we don’t want anyone imposing anything on us.
24. Our adoption of such terms is the usual international practice.
in accordance with
25. The terms and conditions in the L/C should strictly the contract stipulations.
live up to
26. I shall mention that we accept such terms only once. When the goods are dispatched, we’ll a sight draft against you.
27. The draft will be sent together with the shipping documents through our remitting bank to the collecting bank at you end. It is understood that you are to it on presentation.
28.They are going to with the exporter for short weight.
lodge a claim
29. Mr. Simpson said that was to say why those rollers had become so rusty.
at a loss
30. The insurance company refused to our claim on the ground of improper packing.
31. We regret for the loss you have suffered and will you by $15,000.
32. You should us by fax or e-mail of the ship’s name and the sailing date.
33. You should all the charges up to the time the goods are on the hooks, such as customs duties and any service charges on the exported goods.
34. Could you the time of delivery to June? Our clients are in urgent need of the goods.
35. We’ll get in touch with the manufactures to see if they can earlier.
III. Trans late the following sentences into English.
It is the best season of the year. Everything looks green, climate is pleasant, flowers are in bloom. A lot of foreigners come to go sighting and spend their holidays.
I think it must be fine this weekend. I could show you around then.